Waive out or You're in!
North Carolina Central University students meeting specific eligibility criteria are required to have health insurance. NCCU is offering a cost-effective option for our students through Student Blue from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC).
- Undergraduate/graduate students must be in degree-seeking programs and enrolled in 6 or more credit hours on the main campus.
- All students meeting the eligibility/requirement criteria will be automatically billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan. It is the student's responsibility to complete an online waiver to opt out of the Student Health Insurance Plan in order for the waiver credit to be applied to the student's bill.
- Waivers or enrollment must be completed by February 1, 2021, for the Spring 2021 semester.
- Note: Distance Education students only are not required to have health insurance nor are they required to waive out.
- Please visit www.studentbluenc.com to waive out, enroll, or find more information about the Student Health Insurance Plan.
If you are using the insurance waiver fee as part of your one-half payment (payment plan) toward your Spring 2021 charges, your deadline to submit an insurance waiver is January 11, 2021.
If you do not plan to use the insurance waiver fee as part of your one-half payment (payment plan) toward your Spring 2021 charges, your deadline to submit an insurance waiver is February 1, 2021.