The Student Complaint Form provides students with an avenue to submit a concern regarding an academic or a non-academic matter. Students are encouraged to resolve complaints at the appropriate level of dispute; however, should this approach fail or be inappropriate, students may submit written complaints through the form below. You will receive confirmation that your complaint was received and routed to the appropriate office within 24 hours.
This form should not be used to submit complaints regarding student conduct appeals. Please see the Student Code of Conduct for additional information.
If this is an emergency situation, please contact the campus police at 919-530-6106.
If you have questions about this form or would like to speak with a staff member about your complaint, you may contact one of the following persons:
Note: Please read the following guidelines prior to filing a complaint.
Student Academic Complaint Procedures
If you encounter a problem related to the classroom, follow these guidelines:
- Talk directly with the instructor and try to resolve the issue.
- If you are unable to resolve the issue with the instructor, contact the department chair or director for that particular academic area.
- If you are unable to resolve the issue with the department chair or director, contact the appropriate academic dean for the college/school.
- If you are dissatisfied with the outcome, complete the Student Complaint Form below. Click "Submit" to email the completed form. You will be contacted within two business days regarding an appointment to discuss your concerns.
Student Non-Academic Complaint Procedures
If you have a non-academic concern, follow these guidelines:
- When appropriate, attempt to resolve issues informally with the person who may be responsible for the dissatisfaction.
- If you are dissatisfied with the outcome, complete the Student Complaint Form below. Click "Submit" to email the completed form. You will be contacted within two business days regarding an appointment with the appropriate person.