Use our Tech Checklist to make sure you’re up-to-speed on the following tech tips and requirements.
- View the Getting Started with NCCU Technology for Students video
- Buy/bring a computer
- Make sure you have internet connectivity
Having access to a reliable internet connection is crucial for the continuation of your coursework. This means being able to participate in real-time WebEx discussions or access time-limited quizzes in Blackboard. If you are relying on an internet connection that is shared by many people who are also engaged in resource-intensive activities (e.g., streaming media), it may be difficult for you to complete your course-related tasks within a set timeframe.
- Install software on your device (All resources are free)
- Get organized
- Check your NCCU email with Gmail
- Review available learning tools and resources
- Review important security Information
- Items to have
- A headset with a mic: USB or Bluetooth noise-isolating or active noise-canceling headphones with a boom microphone
- Webcam: your computer needs a decent processor (CPU), Intel Core i5 or better, to run your webcam (and Zoom) well. For webcams, we recommend USB models with at least 720p resolution
- Cables for your devices (Ethernet, HDMI, etc.)